As a skincare consultant I am constantly asked, Does our diet really affect our skin? While I think the old adage “we are what we eat” is true, I really believe that our diet, while very important, is only part of how we can feed our external glow.
Here are my tenets to achieving beauty:
- Stay hydrated (at least one-third ounce of water per pound of your bodyweight).
- Move your body (increase blood flow and better circulation each day).
- Develop an appreciation for our environment (live green)!
- Eat an apple a day (start with an apple a day and work up to 3-5 cups of fresh fruits and vegetables daily).
- Remember to breathe (I practice a breathing technique through my daily meditation).
- Practice consistent restful sleep (everyone’s internal clock is different but working up to 7 to 8 hours is optimal to regenerate your body).
- Express “people” connections by sharing laughter each day.
- Practice my motto: “Gracious and Grateful”.