The days are getting shorter, there is crispness in the air and all of a sudden, for most people, a change in your skin is noticeable. Even in the Bay Area, as the temperatures cool down, the air becomes dryer, which directly affects your skin. With the cooler air, we also tend to start running the heater, which in turn adds to the dryness of our skin. The added dryness removes moisture and your skin can start getting flaky and dull looking. To keep your skin looking great, it is essential to maintain moisture in your skin during these cool months. Here are my secrets to keep my skin nourished and glowing during the cooler months:
- Drink more liquids. We tend not to crave as much liquid as during the warmer months, but it is even more essential to keep up the hydration as the dryness in the air increases
- Change the daily serum and moisturizer. During the cooler months, a thicker moisturizer and more active serum helps nourish and protect the skin
- Change or add an extra treatment that promotes hydration and exfoliation. Add an extra HydraFacial to your routine to provide an extra boost of needed nourishment and deep cleansing.
- Cut down on carbs and sugar. This may seem random, but carbs and sugar can increase levels of hormones that cause oil, which can lead to unnecessary breakouts.
- Increase the healthy oils in your diet. I am a strong believer of beauty from the inside. The proper nutrients and added healthy fat during the cooler months can add that extra boost of nourishment for glowing skin.