Now that spring is truly underway, my mantra is “build immunity.” This is the time of year we need to protect our skin from the sun’s UVA & UVB rays. Stress from certain events, such as tax season as well as juggling holiday and vacation schedules can also have a negative impact on our overall skin tone.
The base level to build our skin’s immunity is to apply a Vitamin C rich antioxidant serum each morning and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. I would like to help you take your skin to the next level to increase your collagen production. “How do we do this?” We start by preventing the degeneration of collagen with the HydraFacial treatment here at the spa; followed by a home maintenance plan that includes an antioxidant serum as well as wearing good sunscreen daily.
- This time of the year your skin can be extra dry, I like to use the Omorovicza Miracle Face oil under my make-up.
- Put your antioxidant serum and sun protection next to your toothbrush so you don’t forget to apply them in the morning.
- Increase antioxidant rich foods in your diet such as Japanese sweet potatoes, seaweed and green tea.
- Maintain good levels of hydration. Drink plenty of fluids. Get creative with your water and add hydration-rich fruits and veggies such as watermelon, cucumbers, lemon slices, and mint leaves.
- Be conscious of your breathing and practice good sleeping habits. A regular schedule, blackout shades, comfortable room temperature, and no food for at least two to three hours prior sleep can create the most restful night.