June is Men’s Health month; the month we honor the important men in our lives and also encourage them to take care of themselves. Men’s Health Month began in 1994 and awareness of the “celebration” is growing every year. In addition, this month celebrates Men’s Health Week, June 12 – 18; a special week created by Congress to bring awareness to Men’s Health. During the month and week, there are special health screenings, programs, and events that are geared towards men and boys health.
There are simple things, that we can do to help the men in our lives to take care of themselves:
- Encourage them to get their annual physical in June and also recommended early screenings.
- Do something special for Father’s Day that focuses on health
- Exercise with the men in your life as it helps prevent disease
- Educate about Men’s Health and the importance of it
- For more information check out: http://www.menshealthmonth.org/